Yuan Luo, Associate Professor
Institute of Medical Device and Imaging /Molecular Imaging Center
National Taiwan University
Phone: 886-2-2312-3456 ext:88736;88613
Academic Position & Education
- Associate Professor, Institute of Medical Devices and Imaging, National Taiwan University,
Aug. 2015 - current.
- Assistant Professor, Center for Optoelectronic Biomedicine, National Taiwan University,
Aug. 2011 - Jul. 2015.
- Postdoctoral Associate, Mechanical Engineering, MIT, USA,
- Visiting Scholar, Biosym Laboratory, Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Centre, Singapore,Jan. 2011-Jul.2011
- Ph.D., College of Optical Sciences, University of Arizona, USA,
2004-2008 (GPA:4.0/4.0; Graduate Valedictorian of the College of Optical Sciences 2008)
Our research primary interests are in development of high-dimensional optical imaging systems, diffractive optics for high-speed sensing, as well as spatial-spectral holographic components and miniatured medical devices. Advances in those fields will lead to innovations of new optical systems that can better manipulate light for real-time and 3D imaging applications. For example, cancer is one of the leading causes of death in the world. Real-time three-dimensional (3D) imaging systems are necessary and will open the way for better understanding of the onset of cancer and biological tissue morphology as well as other clinical uses.